2 pita pocket breads (2 oz. Each)
1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
2/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese, cut up (about 1/2 cup)
2 oz. Creamy gorgonzola cheese, cut up (about 1/4 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Cut each pita open to form two round halves.
3. Place on baking sheet crust side down, bake 3 minutes.
4. In medium skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until just
5. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are just soft.
6. In small bowl, blend together ricotta cheese, gorgonzola
cheese and pepper.
7. Spread cheese mixture on pita, top with onion mixture, then
brush with remaining oil.
8. Bake an additional 7 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.