4 oz phyllo pastry
1/2 oz gorgonzola cheese, cut into 12 cubes
oil for deep-frying
1. cut pastry into twelve 8 cm (3 in) squares.
2. Pile on top of each other and cover with a cloth to prevent
3. Brush one square with butter; place another on top to make
an 8 pointed star, then brush with butter.
4. Put a cheese cube in the center.
5. Bring up edges of pastry to cover cheese and pinch together
into a money bag shape (the butter will help pastry to stick
6. Tie a chive round top. Repeat with remaining pastry, cheese
7. Heat oil in a deep-fryer until a cube of bread turns brown in 1
8. Place "purses" in basket and deep-fry for 1 minute, until
crisp and golden brown.
9. Drain thoroughly on absorbent kitchen paper.
10. Garnish with chives and serve immediately on individual
Serves 4 to 6