3 oz Stilton cheese, rind removed and crumbled
6 tbsp red lentils
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
7 oz smoked salmon
4 oz light cream cheese
1 tbsp creamed horseradish
2 tbsp milk
12 oz new potatoes
4 oz baby sweetcorn
1 bag mixed green salad
1 tsp grainy mustard
5 tbsp rapeseed oil or vegetable oil
2 tsp lemon juice
To Finish: 8 chives
1. Line the insides of four tea cups (or cup-sized timbale molds)
with clear plastic wrap, then line each cup up the side with
smoked salmon. Set aside.
2. To make the filling, cover the lentils with boiling water and
simmer for 10 minutes until soft. Cool under running water,
drain and place in a bowl with the celery, STILTON, cream
cheese and horseradish.
3. Combine these ingredients and adjust to a dropping
consistency with milk. Fill the lined tea cups and refrigerate
while you cook the new potatoes and warm the sweetcorn.
4. Turn the smoked salmon timbales out onto four large plates,
scatter the salad all around, then place the still warm potatoes
and sweetcorn randomly through the salad.
5. To finish, combine dressing ingredients and trickle over the
leaves. Top each timbale with 2 chives and freshly ground black
pepper to taste.
Recipe by Steven Wheeler for the Stilton Cheese Makers'