1 egg yolk
1 puff pastry sheet
1 wheel Brie
1. Beat egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water.
2. Thaw puff pastry 20 minutes, then unfold. Cut pastry sheet
into 4 squares. Roll out a pastry square until it is approximately
1/2 inch larger than the circle of cheese.
3. Place Brie in center of circle and trim edges leaving a 1/2
4. Brush border with egg mixture. Roll second square of pastry
until it is large enough to fit over the cheese again allowing the
1/2 inch border. Place over the circle of cheese and press to
5. If desired, decorate with cutouts made from pastry scraps
(heart-shapes, crescents, twists etc.) and apply with egg
6. Brush top only with egg and place on an ungreased cookie
sheet in the middle of a preheated 375°F oven. Bake for 20
minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm or at room