1 lb. Brie, cut into sticks
2 eggs, beaten
black pepper, coarsely grated
breadcrumbs for coating
8 tablespoons gooseberry conserve
oil for deep frying
1. Cut Brie and refrigerate for at least one hour then dip in the
2. Mix together black pepper and breadcrumbs and dip
egg-covered Brie into this.
3. Put the gooseberry conserve in a small bowl and heat
through over a pan of boiling water.
4. Return Brie to the fridge for 10 minutes.
5. Heat up the oil to 350°F and fry the crumbed Brie sticks until
6. Drain fat and serve immediately with conserve poured over.