8 oz Cambozola Blue Brie
2 oz (1/2 cup) plain flour
salt and pepper, to taste
2 oz (1/2cup) dry breadcrumbs
oil for deep-frying
4 Victoria plums, stoned and sliced
8 tablespoons Chinese plum sauce
1. Using a small sharp knife, remove white rind and cut cheese into 2 cm (3/4 in) cubes. Season flour with salt
2. Beat eggs in one bowl; put breadcrumbs in another.
3. Dip cheese cubes in seasoned flour, coating each piece thoroughly; shake off excess.
4. Dip in beaten egg, then breadcrumbs to coat thoroughly, firmly patting them into place with a table knife.
for 20 minutes.
5. One-third fill a deep-fryer with vegetable oil and heat to 360F.
Using a slotted spoon, carefully lower cheese
cubes one at a time into hot oil; do not overfill pan - cook cubes in batches.
6. Deep-fry for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown; remove with slotted spoon and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
7. Serve immediately on warmed plates, as the melted cheese oozes out on standing.
Garnish with sliced plum
and a little Chinese plum sauce (also known as Duck sauce).