4 chicken breasts, skinned
4 slices lean smoked ham
4 slices Gruyere
4 tablespoons chopped chives
2 tablespoons Olio Carli extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup English Double Devon Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice 3/4 of the way horizontally through chicken breasts, cutting through the rounded edge; open out, cover with plastic wrap and beat with a rolling pin to flatten.
2. Cover each filet with a slice of ham, then a
slice of Gruyere.
3. Set aside one tablespoon chives; sprinkle the rest the over cheese.
4. Roll up chicken; secure with a wooden toothpick or string.
5. In an ovenproof pan, heat oil; cook chicken rolls gently, turning occasionally, until sealed. Pour off excess oil.
6. Add garlic, wine and seasoning to pan, cover and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until tender.
7. Place roulades on a dish, remove toothpick or string and keep warm.
8. Put pan and remaining contents on high heat and boil rapidly to reduce slightly; add Devon Cream and remaining chives and heat through.
9. Cut each chicken roulade into half inch slices and arrange them overlapping on four warmed dinner plates. Pour over the sauce and serve immediately, with a selection of baby