4oz Cheshire cheese, grated
½ oz flour
¼ pint whole milk
3 eggs, separated
1oz powdered sugar
14 ½ oz canned apricots, drained and chopped
1 tablespoon red currant jam
grated nutmeg to taste
1. Put flour, milk and butter in a saucepan.
2. Heat and stir continuously until sauce thickens, boils and has a smooth consistency.
3. Cook for one minute.
4. Cool mixture slightly and beat in egg yolks, gugar, cheese, apricots and red currant jelly.
5. Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form.
6. Fold egg whites into sauce.
7. Butter 2 pint souffle dish and pour in mixture.
8. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes.
10. Serve immediately out of oven.