8 ounces Felchin Maracaibo Mousse Grand Cru Chocolate
1 cup egg whites, about 6-8 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 pint cold heavy cream
1/4 cup coffee or hazelnut liqueur
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Because this recipe uses raw eggs, be sure to use only very fresh or pasteurized eggs.
1. In a bain marie over low heat, slowly melt the chocolate until smooth. Keep warm.
2. Bring egg whites to room temperature. In a clean mixing bowl, beat them to soft peaks. Add the sugar gradually and continue beating until the egg whites are stiff but not shiny. Set aside.
3. In a clean mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream almost to stiff peaks. Be careful not to beat too hard or the texture of the mousse will be ruined.
4. Quickly fold the warm chocolate into the beaten egg whites. If the chocolate cools it won't fold in smoothly, and you will have lumps of chocolate in the mousse.
5. Once the egg white mixture is smooth, fold in the whipped cream, the liqueur and the cinnamon until evenly blended. Chill for two hours before serving. Serve with fresh berries.