1 500g block Callebaut bittersweet chocolate
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup sugar
6 eggs, separated
1/4 cup bourbon, or other liqueur
1/2 cup cocoa powder, plus additional for dusting the pan
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup ground nuts, such as almond, pecans, or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch spring form pan and line with parchment. Dust the pan with cocoa powder.
2. In a medium sauce pan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter together. Pour combination into a large mixing bowl.
3. Stir the sugar and the egg yolks into the chocolate mixture until smooth. (Reserve the egg whites). Stir in the bourbon. Then add the cocoa powder and cinnamon. Finally, fold in the ground nuts.
4. Beat the reserved egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in heated oven for 1 hour or until just set. Allow the cake to cool slightly before removing the sides of the pan. Cool cake completely before serving. Serve with raspberry coulis and whipped cream.