1 tablespoon olive oil
2 stalks celery, diced
1/2 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 quart chicken stock
2 medium potatoes
3 cobs fresh sweet corn
1 tablespoon butter
5 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
2 medium potatoes, diced
salt and pepper to taste
2-4 tablespoons creme fraiche
1. In a 3-quart stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add celery, carrot and onion and saute until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken stock and 2 whole potatoes. Cut corn kernels from cobs. Reserve kernels and add cobs to stock. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove corn cobs.
3. In two batches, puree stock and potatoes in food processor until smooth.
4. While stock is removed from pot, heat the butter over medium heat and saute the mushrooms and Herbes de Provence until mushrooms are soft.
5. Return stock to pot with mushrooms. Add the cubed potatoes and corn kernels and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Swirl in creme fraiche and stir until incorporated. Soup can be served hot or cold.