10 graham crackers
1/4 cup grated Los Tornos cheese (or Parmigiano Reggiano)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
20 ounces Goat Hill Farm Goat Cheese Spread, any flavor
1 pound cream cheese
8 ounces smoked salmon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Process graham crackers in food processor until crumbs. Add Los Tornos and pulse just to combine. With processor running add melted butter, reserving a small amount of butter to saute the bell pepper and onion.
2. Press graham cracker mixture into bottom of 9-inch springform pan and up sides about 1/2 inch.
3. Heat reserved butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Saute bell pepper and onion until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add black pepper and remove pan from heat.
4. In a clean food processor bowl, blend goat cheese, cream cheese and smoked salmon until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time. When smooth, add bell pepper and onion and pulse just to combine.
5. Pour salmon mixture into crust. Bake cheesecake in preheated oven for one hour. The cheesecake should just be set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for one hour. Chill in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
Serves 12-16 as an appetizer or brunch item