4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
8 drained Piquillo peppers
Pinch of sugar
1 pound zucchini, diced
½ pound shiitake, or other wild mushroom, sliced
8 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
For the vinaigrette:
8 tablespoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil
Juice from 2 lemons
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Pinch of salt
1. In a cast-iron frying pan, heat 1 tablepsoon oil over medium heat. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, lay them flat and sauté them with a pinch of sugar and salt. Remove from pan and keep warm.
2. In the same pan, heat another tablespoon of oil and slowly brown the rounds of zucchinis. Remove and put them aside.
3. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and lightly saute the mushrooms.
4. Heat the final tablespoon of oil in the pan and fry the shrimp until they are just opaque.
5. For the vinaigrette, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and salt.
6. To assemble the 8 mille-feuilles of vegetables, spread the peppers, evenly spaced, on a flat bottom service dish, cover each pepper with slices of zucchinis, then with the mushrooms. Put a fried shrimp on the top of each piece and top everything with the vinaigrette.
Make appetizers for four