1 Lb plum tomatoes
3 ounces Parmigiano reggiano
3 oz fresh Arugula
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
16 fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon of salt
1 Tablespoon aged Balsamic Vinegar
1 Lb Penne
1. Bring 2 gallons of water to a boil. Drop in tomaotes, then remove after 30-45 seconds. Save water to cook pasta.
2. Peel tomatoes and remove core. Cut tomatoes around their equators and squeeze the seeds. Dice tomato fresh into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a large pasta bowl.
3. With a vegetable peeler make thick shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano. When the cheese gets too small to shave, grate the rest. Put the grated cheese and 1/2 the shavings into the bowl along with the tomatoes.
4. wash and stem the arugual leaves. Dry and tear into small pieces. Add to bowl along with remaining ingredients, except pasta. Toss well.
5. Add 2-3 Tablespoons salt to boiling water. Cook pasta and drain. Toss pasta with sauce until well coated. Serve topped with the shavings of Parmigiano reggiano. Add pepper to taste