1 cup heavy cream
2 cloves of garlic, peeled & sliced in half lengthwise
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Aged Balsamic Vinegar, we suggest our Carli Balsamic Vinegar from Modena
Multigrain raisin or crusty French Bread
Pear or apple slices
Spicy greens such as Arugula
1. Bring Cream, garlic and nutmeg to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, watching constantly. Remove garlic from cream.
2. Add Parmigaino Reggiano, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until all cheese is incorporated
3. Continue stirring until all cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, pour into a shallow heat resistant dish and cool to room temperature. Cover dish and refrigerate until cheese stiffens
4. Scoop portions of "Gelato" with an ice cream scoop onto 6 salad plates. Garnish with your choice of accompaniments listed above.
5. Drip a few drops of aged balsamic vinegar over the gelato and serve.