2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 red onions, cut into a small dice
Fresh basil leaves (12-15), chiffonade
1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
3 large tomatoes, diced
8 oz. fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into small cubes
1 loaf of Italian bread, sliced
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add salt, pepper, and basil and sauté for another minute.
3. Add balsamic vinegar and tomatoes and cook for two minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the mozzarella cheese to it. Do not let the cheese melt.
5. Cut the bread slices into 4 pieces and brush them generously with olive oil and bake in 350-degree oven for about five minutes or until golden.
6. Top each slice with a spoonful of the tomato mixture and serve.