800 g unpeeled potatoes
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
250 g Vacherin Fribourgeois, grated
3 tablespoons white wine
salt and pepper to taste
1. Scrub potatoes, place in a large pot and cover with water. Cover the pot and boil over medium heat for 25-45 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. Peel the potatoes while they are still warm. Then allow them to cool. Coarsely grate the potatoes.
2. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir the grated potatoes and the Vacherin Fribourgeois into the onion mixture.
4. Stir the white wine into the potato mixture and season with salt and pepper.
5. Shape the potato mixture into a thick pancake and brown on each side for about 15 minutes, using the same frying pan.