1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon honey
1 package yeast
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1. Mix the water and the honey. Sprinkle the yeast over and let stand five minutes to dissolve.
1 280g jar of Tuscan Pasta sauce
1 8-oz. Can tomato paste
1 ball mozzarella di bufala, sliced into thin rounds
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
toppings of your choice
2. Add the flours, basil, and salt and knead for five minutes. Let rise until doubled, about thirty minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix pasta sauce and tomato paste until evenly combined.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F.
5. Sprinkle a pizza stone (or baking sheet) generously with corn meal and place dough on the stone. Punch dough down and roll or form with your hands into a 16-inch round. Bake crust for 5-10 minutes before putting on toppings, until set and just starting to brown.
6. Spread prepared sauce over crust. Evenly cover crust with chosen toppings. Cover toppings with slices of mozzarella and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
7. Bake pizza for 20 minutes or until cheese beings to brown. Allow pizza to cool for five minutes. Cut into eight slices and serve with extra grated Parmigiano Reggiano.