Calasparra Rice 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Coconut Cream 24 oz
Whole milk 20 oz
Fresh Lime Zest 1 each
Mixed dried fruits (your choice) 1 cup
Toasted Coconut 1 cup
1. Presoak the igourmet Calasparra rice for 20 minutes at room temperature.
2. Strain the rice from the water and add to the cream, milk, and sugar and bring to a simmer over low heat.
3. Continue to simmer for 20 minutes till rice is firm to the bite but not hard.
4. While the rice is simmering, dice the fruits in to small pieces and add to the simmering rice for the last five minutes.
5. Serve the rice in desired bowl with and top with toasted coconut.
Recommended dessert wine:
La Cosecha Padro Ximenez
Sourced from the Sacristia of bodega San Telmo
This sherry dessert wine will compliment the dried fruits as well as the creamy texture of the rice pudding.
This recipe was prepared exclusively for igourmet.com by Chef Andrew J. Selz CEC