Shallots, minced 3 ea.
C.H.E.F. Lemon Grass Oil to sweat 1 Tbsp.
Lump crabmeat, cleaned very well 1.5 lb.
Mayonnaise ¾ Cups
Eggs, beaten 2 ea.
Whole grain mustard 1/8 Cup
Fresh parsley, chopped 2 Tbsp.
Chives, minced 1/8 Cup
Old Bay Seasoning 1 tsp.
Tabasco 1/8 tsp.
Saltine cracker crumbs 3/4 Cups
Salt, ground black pepper t.t.
Whole butter (to sauté) ¼ Cup
C.H.E.F. Thai Citrus Dressing 1 Cup
1. Sweat the shallots in the C.H.E.F. Lemon grass oil. Cool and reserve.
2. Pick through the crabmeat to remove all shells.
3. Combine all the ingredients except for the crab meat and cracker crumbs. Fold the mayonnaise mixture into the crabmeat without shredding. Fold in the cracker crumbs and seasonings.
4. Portion into two-ounce crab cakes.
5. Sauté crab cakes in whole butter. Finish in 325º oven if necessary.
6. In separate pan warm C.H.E.F.’s Thai Citrus Dressing.
This recipe has been exclusively prepared for igourmet by Chef Andrew J. Selz CEC