Eggplant, small cubed
2 ½ oz.
Onion, Spanish, chopped coarsely
Tomatoes, canned, chopped
Celery, coarsely chopped
Green Sicilian olives, pitted, chopped 3 oz.
White wine vinegar, mixed with 1 tsp. Sugar 1 oz.
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Rosemary Oil, for frying eggplant
1. Sprinkle eggplant cubes with salt and drain in a calander for about 45 minutes. Rinse and dry.
2. Sauté the onion in the ROSEMARY OIL until golden brown.
3. Add tomatoes and simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes.
4. Add celery, olives, capers, pine nuts and raisins.
5. Return to a simmer and add vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer mixture for about 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and cool.
7. Place ROSEMARY OIL in sauté pan. Fry eggplant until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
8. Add eggplant to tomato mixture and mix well.
9. Place in serving dish and serve at room temperature.
This recipe has been exclusively prepared for igourmet by Chef Andrew J. Selz CEC