4 Very generous Slices of Tarago River Shadows of Blue
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
4 Slices of Ham or Cooked Bacon
2 Eggs beaten
1/4 Cup heavy cream
2 Cups of breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
*Easiest to work this recipe assembly line style.
1. Beat eggs and cream together in a soup size bowl. Put all the breadcrumbs in another soup size bowl.
2. Place clean chicken between two pieces of waxed paper, pound until approximately 1/2 inch thick.
3. Remove the chicken and lightly dust with flour, lay chicken flat, face side down, side by side.
4. Layer the ham or bacon on the chicken breast first, then the blue cheese.
5. Roll the chicken smallest end first, holding firmly, dip into the egg and cream mixture completely and then roll carefully into the breadcrumbs.
6. Place on a well-buttered and oiled baking dish and place in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees F.
7. Bake about one hour turning the breast once.
8. The chicken should be golden and crisp on the outside and the blue cheese will ooze a bit.
9. Sprinkle with the fresh parsley before serving. The dish pairs very well with Ripe Merlot.