Butter, whole 6 Tbsp
Onion, diced small 1 small
Arborio Rice 2 cup
Barolo wine 1 cup
Chicken stock 4 cup
Heavy cream 2 cup
Iberico Cheese, grated, igourmet.com 2/3 cup
Black pepper, freshly milled to taste
White truffle oil 1 tbsp
1. Heat half the butter in a wide fairly shallow sauce pot.
2. Sauté the onion with out browning.
3. Add the rice and sauté briefly stirring continuously.
4. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce by half. Stir continuously.
5. Add stock 1/3 at a time letting the rice absorb the stock before additional portion of stock is added. Stir continuously.
6. Add cream and simmer gently for 3 to 4 minutes. Taste rice to make sure cooked.
7. Fold in cheese and truffle oil and finish with black pepper.
Yield: 5 servings
Chef Notes: This cheese is wonderful eating alone while sipping Merlot, Shiraz, or Cabernet.
Wine suggestions: Burgundy, Merlot, Dolcetto, and Barbera.
This recipe was exclusively prepared for igourmet.com by Chef Andrew Selz CEC