C.H.E.F. Rosemary Dipping Oil ¼ cup
Garlic, minced ¼ cup
Beefsteak tomatoes, sliced 2 med
Greek black olives, dry-cured, pitted 10 ea
Imperature, grated, igourmet.com ½ cup
Flatbread 2 lg piece
1. Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook gently until it has a sweet, roasted aroma, about 4 minutes.
2. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
3. Brush the shaped flat bread with the garlic-rosemary oil mixture; reserve the oil.
4. Arrange tomatoes and olives on the surface and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
5. Bake the flatbread on the bottom rack of the preheated oven until the cheese has lightly melted, about 8 minutes.
6. Drizzle the remaining rosemary-garlic oil over the top, and serve at once.
Yield: 4 portions
Chef Notes: You may use strips of roasted bell peppers or thinly sliced red onions; crumbled goat cheese, or slivers of ham. Alternate slices of red and yellow tomatoes for grater visual appeal.
Wine Suggestions: Chardonnay, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Blanc, Burgundy, Melot or Dolcetto.