Lobster tails 4 – 5 oz pieces
Butter, whole 2 oz
Onion 1 small
Garlic, minced 2 cloves
Mushrooms, Shiitaki, medium sliced 6 each
Lemon 1 each
Green peppercorns 1 tsp
Heavy Cream 1 cup
Brandy ¼ cup
Appenzeller Reserve Cheese, grated, igourmet.com 1 cup (Alternatively you could use Walder, a similar cheese from Austria)
Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
1. Using kitchen scissors or shears, cut down the middle, the underside of the lobster tail.
2. Pull the meat out of the lobster tails and cut into 1 inch pieces.
3. Saute diced onion, garlic, and mushrooms in whole butter until golden brown.
4. Add lobster meat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
5. Deglaze with brandy and let reduce until almost dry.
6. Add peppercorns and lemon juice, simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Add heavy cream and simmer gently for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and place in small ramekins.
9. Top with grated Appenzeller Reserve Cheese and place under broiler until golden brown.
10. Serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings
Chef Notes: Other fish and shell can be added to this dish. Serve with a side of well flavored rice or risotto and a garden salad.
Wine suggestions: Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Blanc.