Butter, no salt 2 Tbsp
Brown sugar 1 Tbsp
Corothea, Goat Cheese, igourmet.com 6 -8 0z
Onion, white 2 Tbsp
Garlic 1 Tbsp
Thyme 1 tsp
Mushroom, button 1 lb
Shiitake ¼ lb
Heavy cream ½ cup
Bread crumbs ¼ cup
Egg, beaten 1 ea
White truffle oil, optional 1 tsp
Phyllo Dough 1 box
1. Quarter Shiitake and Button mushrooms.
2. Mince garlic and onion.
3. In medium sauce pan melt unsalted butter over low heat and sauté mushrooms, onions, and garlic until lightly brown and soft. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. In food processor add brown sugar sauté mushroom mixture, fresh thyme, bread crumbs, goat cheese, heavy cream, truffle oil and eggs. Pulse until well incorporated.
5. Lay thawed phyllo dough sheet on counter top one at a time, brushing with room temperature butter between each sheet. Total of 5 sheets.
6. With small pastry bag (or zip lock bag with corner cut) fill with mixture and pipe a steady line from one end to the other on the phyllo dough.
7. Gently roll the phyllo dough into a log. Brush log with melted butter and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes before slicing. Slice into ¾ inch rounds.
Chef Notes: This hor d’ouver can be made several days in advance and frozen.
Wine Suggestions: Sparkling wines, Chardonnay’s, Beaujolais or Pinot Noir.