Potatoes, white 2 lb
Olive oil 2/3 cup
Rosemary, fresh, minced fine 1 sprig
Romanian Feta Cheese, crumbled,
igourmet.com 2 ½ cup
Black and green olives pitted 1 cup
Vegetable stock, hot 1 ¼ cup
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
2. Cook the potatoes in plenty of boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
3. Peel the potatoes and cut into thin slices.
4. Brush the base and sides of a rectangular ovenproof dish with some of the olive oil.
5. Layer the potatoes in the dish with the rosemary, cheese and olives. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and pour over the stock.
6. Season with salt and ground pepper.
7. Cook for 35 minutes, covering with foil to prevent the potatoes from getting too brown.
8. Serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings
Chef Notes: This is classic potato for herb crusted lamb.