1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken
1 tablespoon olive oil
15-ounce container Maya Kaimal Tikka Masala simmer sauce
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 1/2 cups basmati rice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces.
2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or wide non-stick frying pan and briefly saute chicken until it loses its pink color. Do not cook through.
3. Add the entire contents of the sauce container and bring to a low boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer, covered 10-15 minutes. Stir in peas, simmer one minute, then remove from heat.
5. While the chicken is cooking, combine rice with 2 1/4 cups water and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to very low, and cook covered for 25 minutes.
6. Garnish chicken with chopped cilantro and serve with steamed rice and a tossed green salad, if desired.