1 package Won-ton wrappers
1 pound San Joaquin Gold or Jurassic, grated
1 pound ricotta cheese
½ pound cream cheese
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 bunch fresh basil, finely chopped
2 beaten egg whites
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Mix all ingredients except won-ton wrappers and egg whites, and set in refrigerator to chill for one hour or more.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
3. Lightly flour a large board, separate and arrange some wonton skins on it.
4. Spoon one tablespoon of chilled mixture onto the center of each skin.
5. Brush the beaten egg whites around the filling out to the edge of the dough of each skin.
6. Place a second skin on top of the first skin, center it so both skins match, gently push out any air.
7. Push the two edges together with light finger pressure, if any filling leaks out then there is too much filling.
8. Use a fork (flat edge) to further press and work the skins together to form a seal being careful not to puncture the pouch.
9. Place the completed ravioli in the boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
Serve with red, white, or pesto sauce.