1 cup water
½ cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
6 ounces Fiscalini Bandage Wrapped Cheddar Cheese, coarsely grated
2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In heavy saucepan, combine water with butter, and heat to a boil. Immediately add flour and stir vigorously with wooden spoon until the dough comes away from the sides of the pan to form a ball.
3. Remove from heat and add the eggs, one at a time (make sure the dough comes together before adding the next egg) beating well each time.
4. Add mustard, pepper flakes, salt, cheese and herbs, mixing thoroughly.
5. While mixture is still warm and using tablespoon measure, form mounds, spacing ½ inch apart on greased baking sheet. Quickly smooth tops with finger dipped in water.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden brown (puffs should sound hollow when lightly tapped).
Makes approximately 2 dozen puffs.