1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons sliced scallions
2 tablespoons chopped roasted red pepper
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
4 burrito-size flour tortillas (about 10 inches)
1 cup grated (4 oz) Asadero
small bowl Salsa
1. In small bowl, with fork, slightly mash black beans. Stir in scallions, pepper, onion, lime juice, cilantro, or parsley and garlic. Set aside.
2. In lightly greased large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook 1 tortilla for 15 seconds or until softened; turn over.
3. Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture over half of tortilla; top with 1/4 cup cheese.
4. Fold tortilla in half over filling.
5. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until cheese melts.
6. Keep warm in 200 degree oven while preparing remaining quesadillas.
7. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges to serve