Recipes Forum - Red Leaf Lettuce Salad with Grilled Asparagus, White Grapes, Cherry Tomatoes, Mahon Cheese and Roast
Recipe created exclusively for igourmet by Evan Madden-Peister
For the Salad
1 Head Red Leaf Lettuce, washed and dried
16 Asparagus, trimmed and peeled
16 Cherry tomatoes, washed and dried
½ Bunch seedless white grapes, washed and dried
1/4 oz. Mahon cheese
1 Tablespoon of A L'Olivier Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fleur de Sel Sea Salt and pepper
For the Dressing
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Tablespoon Edmond Fallot Dijon mustard
2 Cloves of roasted garlic
½ Cup A L'Olivier Extra Virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1) In a blender, combine the roasted garlic, lemon juice, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper and blend the ingredients together until smooth.
2) Turn the blender back on and pour in all of the olive oil in a slow and steady stream until the mixture has emulsified completely. Pour the vinaigrette into a bowl, cover and set aside.
3) Tear the head of lettuce into small pieces and place them into a large salad bowl.
4) Moisten the asparagus with a little bit of olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Heat a grill over medium high heat and grill the asparagus for about 2-4 minutes or until they are soft but still slightly firm in the middle. Set them aside on a plate to cool.
5) Take both the cherry tomatoes and white grapes, cut them in half and place them in the salad bowl with the lettuce.
6) Using a vegetable peeler shave thin slices of the mahon cheese and place half of the shavings into the salad bowl.
7) Once the asparagus have cooled slice them in half and place in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
8) Pour just enough dressing into the bowl to coat the salad lightly and toss all of the ingredients together. Top the dressed salad with the rest of the cheese and serve immediately with the remaining dressing on the side
Hors d'oeuvres |
Soups and Sauces |
Salads and Dressings |
Light Meals |
Vegetarian Entrées |
Side Dishes |