1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1oz salted butter
1 large egg
2 tbsp whole milk
4oz Mull of Kintyre or Seriously Strong Scottish cheddar
1/3 tsp salt
1.2 tsp mustard powder
Pinch of Cayenne pepper
1. Mix the flour, salt and pepper together.
2. Massage in the butter and then slowly mix in the grated cheese.
3. Beat the egg and add in the milk; add mixture to the dry ingredients to create a soft, elastic dough.
4. Roll out the mixture on a lightly floured surface. Cut into round shapes and place on a well greased tray.
5. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle a little extra cheese and pepper on top.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven in the center at 400 until golden brown.