Spectacular twist on fall favorite with the addition of blue goat cheese - serve with poached pear and creme fraiche for special occasions!
For 1 Pie -
Sweet Pastry Shell
4 TBSP Butter (Unsalted)
5 Ounces Moulin Blue Goat or Chevre in Blue, crumbled
1/2 cup Golden Bakers sugar
3/4 cup Lyle's Golden Syrup
2 TBSP Sherry (you could use Rum)
1/2 vanilla bean
1 cup pecan halves
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of salt
1. Warm butter and syrup in pan, adding 2 oz of cheese and stirring gently until melted.
2. In a seperate bowl whisk eggs, sherry, sugar & spices and pecans.
3. Add these two mixtures together.
4. Place remainding cheese (3oz) into partially baked pie shell, and top with mixture.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven (375) for 25 minutes.
6. Allow to cool slightly (enough to set) before serving.