vegetable oil, for deep-frying
3 sheets of filo pastry, cut in half lengthways
3oz unsalted butter
2 oz Scrumpy Jack grated
pinch of ginger
pinch of nutmeg
OPTIONAL - you could also add diced cooked potatoes, chive or green onion to these tasty little treats.
1 Heat a pan a third filled with vegetable oil, for deep-frying.
2. Brush each sheet of filo pastry with the melted butter and stack into two piles, three layers high.
3 Place a spoonful of the cheese onto the top right hand corner of the pastry.
4. Sprinkle with the ginger and nutmeg and fold over the corner to create a triangle shape.
5. Repeat this process, until all of the filo has been wrapped into one triangular shaped parcel.
6. Brush the edge with melted butter to seal.
7. Deep fry in the hot oil for 1-2 minutes, until golden.