This is a great little recipe for that leftover cheese in the fridge - we love this with flavored cheeses suchas Red Dragon, Tintern and Black Mountain.
4 baking potatoes, cut into thick wedges
1 red pepper
4oz flavored cheddar cheese (see above)
4oz wafer-thin ham, proscuitto or Serrano
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
7fl oz carton crème fraîche
1. Preheat the grill to high. Cook the potato wedges in a large pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, seed and thinly slice the pepper and grate the cheese.
3. Drain the potatoes well, then mix with the red pepper and ham. Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Season well and sprinkle with paprika.
4. Grill for 3 minutes until golden brown. Spoon over the crème fraîche, sprinkle with the cheese and grill for 2-3 minutes more until the cheese has melted and the crème fraîche has made a sauce.
5. Serve immediatly with pan-seared chicken.