6 split bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
2 1/2 cups unsalted, chopped walnuts
1-14 ounce can chicken broth
1 jar New England Cranberry Pomegranate Pepper Jelly
1 jar New England Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat Dutch oven (or any other deep heavy duty pan) on the stove.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry, then season with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to the pan and when hot, add the chicken with the skin side down. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side until the skin turns brown.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and add the walnuts. Cook them for about 1 minute stirring them frequently.
4. Add chicken broth to deglaze the pan and get all the flavor of the chicken and walnuts. Stir in Cranberry Pomegranate Pepper Jelly and Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce until hot – do not boil.
5. Add the chicken back to the pan and bring to a simmer for 1 minute. Place pan in oven for 45 minutes, or until chicken is done.
6. Take the pan from the oven and place it on the stove top. Remove the chicken from the pan and cover to keep warm. Bring the sauce back to a gentle simmer in order to reduce the sauce in pan – it will thicken and concentrate the flavor of the sauce.
7. Place the chicken back in the sauce to gently reheat.
Serve with rice.
Taste to adjust the seasoning, and add more Pepper Jelly if you want a spicier bite!