1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups plum tomatoes, diced
2 cups macaroni pasta
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1-cup chicken broth
2 tbsp Bush tomato or tomato paste
2 medium Portabello mushrooms, cut in strips (optional)
freshly ground peppercorns
fresh parsley, chopped
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan.
2. Add garlic, bush tomato or tomato paste for about a minute, then add chicken and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock, salt, tomatoes and macaroni pasta; cook on slow heat for 20 more minutes.
4. Cook pasta until al dente (more stock may be needed).
5. Remove from heat; add freshly ground peppercorns, parsley and Parmesan cheese.