2 lb beef (6 small steaks)
2 tbsp Nirmala's Kitchen Akatkurra
1 tsp cracked, Nirmala's Kitchen Tasmanian Whole Pepperberry
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium shallot, minced
1 tsp tomato paste
2 1/2 cups red wine
1/2 tsp Nirmala's Kitchen Native Thyme
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1. Combine ground bush tomatoes, pepperberry and thyme.
2. Coat beef with spice mixture. Heat pan and add olive oil.
3. Pan-fry beef, about 3 minutes for rare, 5 minutes for medium and 8 minutes for well done. 4. Remove beef from pan and keep warm.
5. In another pan, cook shallots, garlic, tomato paste and wine to heat through. Turn up heat; simmer until volume is reduced by half. Add cooking juices from the beef.
6. Remove from heat and quickly whisk in butter until it is melted. Add salt to taste.
7. Strain sauce and pour over the steaks. Serve with saut_ed spinach and boiled potatoes.