2 c. roasted and peeled chestnuts
1 c. chopped leeks
1 c. julienne of Spanish onion
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. sherry
3 c. chicken or vegetable broth
salt and white pepper to taste
4 tbsp. creamy goat cheese from the Vermont Butter & Cheese Company (link to VBC page on NE cheese site)
1/4 c. finely sliced leek rings
1. Heat a thick-bottomed pot to medium-high heat.
2. Add the olive oil, chopped leeks and julienne of onion.
3. Cook until translucent and add the sherry.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook until the onions caramelize to a dark brown color.
5. Add the broth, chestnuts and garlic.
6. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat and pureé to a smooth consistency.
8. Serve hot and garnish each portion with one tablespoon of creamy cheese and fresh leek rings.