4 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes
4 garlic cloves, whole
1/2 qt. heavy cream
6 oz. butter, unsalted
2 c. Tarentaise, grated
1/2 tsp. nutmeg, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of truffle oil.
1 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. chives, sliced
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1 Tbsp. lovage, chopped (substitute Italian flat leaf parsley)
1/3 c. cold water
1. Place potatoes, garlic, and 1 tsp. of salt in a pot filled with cold water.
2. Bring to a simmer, lower heat so that water just bubbles.
3. Cook until tender. Drain well.
4. While potatoes are cooking, heat cream and butter until melted.
5. Place potatoes and cream mixture into a large mixing bowl.
6. Add Thistle Hill Farm Tarentaise, desired amount of truffle oil, and nutmeg.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Mix using an electric mixer until smooth.
9. Taste for seasoning.
1. Place flour, baking powder, herbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Blend in oil.
3. Work in cold water until dough has a consistency of dry, cooked pasta.
4. Let rest for one hour. Roll out using a pasta machine to just under setting #1.
5. Grill or bake until crisp and cut into triangles.
Yield: 8 portions