3 tbsp olive oil
4 lamb chops
salt and pepper
2 onions, peeled and sliced
2 leeks, sliced
25g/1oz butter or margarine
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tbsp horseradish sauce, creamed
240ml/8fl oz red wine
240ml/8fl oz lamb stock
2 sprigs rosemary
1. Heat the oil, add the chops and brown quickly on both sides.
2. Remove to a roasting pan and season. Reduce the heat.
3. Add the sliced onions and leek and cook for a further 5 minutes to brown.
4. In a separate pan, melt the butter or margarine.
5. Fry the chopped onion until softened, then add to the breadcrumbs.
6. Stir in the parsley, rosemary, horseradish and seasoning.
7. Divide the onion and leek mixture between the lamb chops and pile the breadcrumb mixture on top.
8. Pour the wine and stock around the chops, season and add the rosemary sprigs. Bake at 190C/375F/Gas 5 for 25-30 minutes, depending on size. Transfer to plate.
9. Remove the rosemary and reduce the liquid over a high heat to make a sauce