For the base
2 cups of plain flour
2 tsp salt
olive oil, to blend
For the topping
2 tsp tomato purée
½ yellow pepper, de-seeded and sliced
55-85g/2-3oz Kosher English Cheddar Cheese, grated
a few basil leaves, shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Place the flour and salt into a food processor and, with the motor running, carefully drizzle in enough oil to bind the mixture together. Once a dough has formed, remove from the processor and shape into a round using your hands.
3. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to form a circle shape.
4. Place the base onto a greased, non-stick baking sheet.
5. Spread the tomato purée onto the base. Scatter the pepper slices over and then crack an egg in the centre of the pizza.
6. Sprinkle the grated cheese over and scatter the shredded basil leaves over the top.
7. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the dough is crispy and the cheese has melted and is golden and bubbling.
8. Remove from the oven and serve.