This decadent entree can be made with duck or chicken.
4 duck or chicken breasts with skin
4-8 tablespoons duck liver mousse or other pate
1 cup red wine
1 onion, sliced
8 button mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Slide fingers under skin of each duck or chicken breast to separate it from the flesh, leaving it connected on the edges. Place 1-2 tablespoons of pate under skin of each breast, depending on its size.
3. With fingers on top of skin, spread the pate to cover the flesh evenly in a thin layer. When all four are finish place them in a baking dish large enough to hold them with a little extra space.
4. Pour the wine into the dish. Rub onions and mushrooms with olive oil and place in dish around duck or chicken. Sprinkle meat with thyme, salt and pepper and place in the preheated oven.
5. Bake duck for 30-45 minutes, depending on desired level of doneness (should be medium). If using chicken, bake for 90 minutes, and wait to add the vegetables until chicken has baked for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.