1 1/2 cups of short-grained rice (preferably Bomba rice)
1 lb. squid (rings)
1 lb. prawn (peeled)
4 king prawns
1 ripe tomato
1 red pepper
1 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1 bay leaf
11 cups fish broth
2 cups white wine
1. Finely chop an onion, slice the cloves of garlic and dice the tomato and red pepper.
2. Place a pot over medium heat and pour a generous amount of olive oil. Toast a teaspoon of pimenton in it, without letting it burn. Add vegetables.
3.Once the onion has cooked through and the tomato and pepper have softened, add the squid. Stir with a wooden spoon, cook for a few minutes and add the prawns and king prawns. Keep stirring.
4. Add the rice, stir it around for a few minutes until the grains are well coated in the oil and juices. Add 3 ground threads of safron and cook a further minute. Add the fish broth, the wine, and salt to taste.
5. Set to maximum heat for roughly 10 minutes, so the rice releases some starch, then lower the heat so that it gently simmers until cooked. (Cooking times vary on the rice - consult the actual packaging)
6. Test for salt and add more if neccessary. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.