6 Par-boiled pink-eye potatoes, halved
8 Asparagus spears, blanched
4 (1/2 lb. each) Tuna steaks
Char-grilled and marinated red and yellow capsicum slices
ACETUM Balsamic Vinegar
Wasabi Sauce (recipe follows)
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon water
1 cup olive oil
Wasabi paste, to taste
1. Coat the potatoes with olive oil and season with pepper and salt.
2. Char-grill the potatoes on a preheated grill until tender and set aside in a warm place.
3. Briefly char-grill the asparagus and set aside with the potatoes.
4. Season the tuna with pepper and salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Sear the steaks on a hot grill for a few minutes on each side, leaving the tuna rare in the center.
TO SERVE:transfer the tuna steaks to heated serving plates. Add the potatoes, asparagus, and capsicum. Drizzle with a little olive oil and ACETUM Balsamic Vinegar and serve at once with Wasabi Sauce.
1. With a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic to a fine paste with a pinch of salt.
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the egg yolk and water. Whisk in the olive oil in a very slow, steady stream until the mixture thickens.
3. Stir in the wasabi and lemon juice to taste, and season with extra salt, if necessary.