½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
½ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon or Tahitian Pure Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Flavor Extract (any flavor)
1 ½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl, beat butter until soft, add sugar and mix well.
2. Add the egg, Pure Vanilla Extract and Pure Flavor Extract and mix thoroughly.
3. Add in the flour and salt and mix well.
4. Shape dough into a log, wrap in waxed paper and chill until cold.
5. Preheat oven to 400° F.
6. Thinly slice the dough with a sharp knife and place on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Makes 3 ½ dozen cookies.