8 - Large sea scallops, cleaned and patted dry.
1 - Eggwhite, lightly wisked.
1/2c - Pumpkin seeds, roasted
2 tbs - Olive oil.
4 tbs - Butter.
1/4c - White onion, finely diced.
1c - Carnaroli rice.
3c - Vegetable stock, hot.
1c - Kabocha squash puree.
1c - Comte cheese, grated.
1 tbs. - Shiso leaves, coarsely chopped.
1/2c - Radicchio leaf, shredded.
1. Dip each scallop in egg white on one side, then in the pumpkin seeds to create a crust.
2. In a large pot, heat the olive oil and 1tbs of butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Increase the heat to medium high; add the rice. Stir with wooden spoon, making sure that the grains are well coated with butter and olive oil.
3. Stir the hot stock into the pan 1/2c at a time, and let simmer after each addition. Stir continuously with wooden spoon. Wait until all of the liquid is almost absorbed before adding more stock. When all of the liquid has been added and the rice is al dente, stir in the remaining butter, kabocha squash puree and Comté cheese. Remove the pot from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, cook the scallops on the pumpkin seed side until golden brown. Turn and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
5. Divide the risotto into 8 small dishes. Place a scallop on top, garnish with shiso leaves and radicchio. Serve immediately.