Around 1600, during the height of the sugar trade, it was discovered that sugar could be used to preserve fruit. Sometime before 1730, the first jam was made, and it was around this time that a method of canning similar to the current technique was first used to further extend the shelf life of precious fruits and vegetables.
This gift contains a sampling of delicious fruit preserves made in small batches, using traditional recipes. The perfect gift for jam lovers everywhere.
- Bavarian Blueberry Jam: Imported from Germany, this rich, fruity preserve is made using only natural ingredients. (12 oz)
- NAR Orange Jam: This all-natural, additive-free preserve is made with sweet Jaffa oranges. Jaffa oranges are found on Turkey's southern Mediterranean coast and possess an intensely sweet flavor and thick, zesty rind. (8.82oz)
- Duerr's Preserves: Imported from England, any collection of imported preserves needs a pot of British jam. (16 oz)
- Raspberry Jam by SiGi: Whole fruit pulp jam with an intense aroma and sweet yet vivid flavor. Excellent with game such as pheasant and perfect as a glaze for cheesecakes. (3.53 oz)
- Mini Toasts: The perfect crackers for jam. (2.75 oz)
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled on a wicker tray, finished with an elegant dark brown ribbon.
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.