Around 1600, during the height of the sugar trade, it was discovered that sugar could be used to preserve fruit. Sometime before 1730, the first jam was made, and it was around this time that a method of canning similar to the current technique was first used to further extend the shelf life of precious fruits and vegetables.
This gift contains a sampling of delicious fruit preserves made in small batches, using traditional recipes. The perfect gift for jam lovers everywhere, it offers four of the most popular varieties from four different countries that are famous for producing world class jam. Specifically:
- Bavarian Blueberry Jam: Imported from Germany, this rich, fruity preserve is made using only natural ingredients. (12 oz)
- Apricot Jam by Casa Della Nonna: Imported from Italy, this all-natural, additive-free preserve is made with sweet Mediterranean apricots. (15.5 oz)
- Duerr's Strawberry Preserves: Imported from England, any collection of imported preserves needs a pot of British jam. (16 oz)
- Raspberry Jam by Scandinavian Delights: Imported from Denmark, this jam is made from choice, ripe berries picked wild by the caring hand whenever possible. It is slowly and gently prepared for you without boiling. This tender treatment allows it to retain more of its natural flavor, color, and sweetness with substantially less sugar to be added than regular preserves. (14 oz)
- Mini Toasts: The perfect crackers for jam. (2.75 oz)
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled on a wicker tray, finished with an elegant dark brown ribbon.
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.